Laura Best, author of Bitter, Sweet, which was recently nominated for the prestigious Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction for Young People, has generously awarded me the Versatile Blogger award. Thank you, Laura.
The rules involved with this award require me to share 7 things about myself and pass on the award to recently discovered blogs I enjoy. After much thought, I’ve come up with a list of things that even my closest friends might not know, but also won’t embarrass me to admit. Here you go:
1. I hide the candy I don’t want to share in the top drawer of the file cabinet on the right side of my desk.
2. I totally dislike wearing shoes, but love owning lots of them.
3. My favorite ride at Disney World is Splash Mountain.
4. I cry every time I watch the movie Ghost, but it’s still one of my favorites.
5. I am a compulsive list-writer, but I seldom follow the list.
6. Of all the things I would like to do before I die, taking a cruise to Alaska is number 1 on my list.
7. My favorite way to relax is to sit on my deck early in the morning with a cup of coffee, a book, my dog, and a camera.
I’ve repeatedly referred you to my Blogs I Like page, and still think all of the ones listed there are awesome. This time, however, I’m going to list some that aren’t already mentioned there in order to give other good blogs some exposure. I haven’t spent a lot of time on these, but they each offer a variety of posts I think you will enjoy.
My nominations for 5 recently discovered blogs I like (I’ll add more as I run across them):
http://deescribewriting.wordpress.com/ great for those interested in writing for children
http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/ spotlights agents and gives tips for writers
http://wordsharpeners.wordpress.com/ lots of good stuff here for writers and nonwriters
http://jodyhedlund.blogspot.com/ useful tips for writers and bloggers
http://writeitsideways.com/ has good tips for writers
Anyone have secrets you’d like to share today? What’s your favorite amusement park ride? What’s the number 1 thing you’d like to do before you die? What movie makes you cry no matter how many times you watch it?
Read Full Post »